RLS HUMAN CARE would like to share the details of near-miss… Failure of load chain links of chain pulley block resulting in the fall of the beam.
Description of near-miss:
A one Ton chain pulley block is used to erect the beam (length 8m and weight 288 kg) to fix it at a height of 7m. During the erection process suddenly, there was a jerk and the load chain-link got detached resulting in the fall of the beam. This resulted in no injury. An investigation is carried out and the recommendations are suggested to prevent the recurrence of such incidents.
CLICK HERE FOR 👉 RIGGING AND LIFTING SAFETY
- The erection procedure should be discussed by the engineer with a work crew at the work location for safe work procedures.
- The supervisor should be vigilant.
- Ensure that the free chain is free and the movement of load as per the force applied. If the free chain is hard to pull then pull the free chain in an anticlockwise direction to make it free and check for any obstructions.
- Lifting location should be free from obstructions.
- Physical inspection of tools and tackles before using them for any wear and tear.
- Training regarding safe work procedures.
- Barricade the work area to prevent unauthorized entry into work zone.
CLICK HERE FOR 👉 HIRA AND JSA