Table of Contents Emergency Response Plan
2.0 Purpose of this Documents
4.1 Codes and Standards
4.2 Project Specifications and Procedures
4.3 Other References
5.0 Emergency Response Chart
6.1 Emergency coordinator
6.2 Fire Fighting Team
6.3 Medical Emergency Team
6.4 Safety Officer
6.5 Task and Responsibilities of Security Guard
8.1 Fire Fighting
9.1 Assembly Point
10.0 Alarm Signals
11.0 List of Attachments/Emergency contact numbers
12.0 Accident/Incident Reporting flow diagram
The purpose of this document is to comply with CLIENT NAME & Approved Project HSE Plan for PROJECT NAME by implementing a visible management commitment and support in preventing all accidents.
The primary intent of this document is to effectively respond to emergency situations and to minimize consequential losses.
This document describes the structure of contractor’s emergency response management system and the various consisting elements. It provides the strategy to be adopted to combat any emergency that may arise at contractor’s COMPANY NAME Construction site at LOCATION NAME.
CLICK HERE FOR > JSA
CLICK HERE FOR > HIRA
CLICK HERE FOR > SAFETY PLAN
CLICK HERE FOR > MONSOON SAFETY PLAN
CLICK HERE FOR > COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
2.0 PURPOSE OF THIS DOCUMENT
The purpose of this Emergency Response Plan is to establish an organization structure and procedures for response to any emergencies. It assigns the roles and responsibilities for the implementation of the plan during an emergency following the incident command system model.
OWNER/CLIENT: YOUR CLIENT NAME
CONTRACTOR: YOUR COMPANY NAME
PLANT: Means machinery, equipment’s and apparatus provided under the contract other than contractor’s Equipment.
HEAD OFFICE: ADDRESS OF YOUR COMPANY
SHALL: Used where provision is mandatory.
SHOULD: A strong recommendation.
SITE: Means the actual place or places, provided or made available by the Owner, to which Plant is to be delivered or where work is to be done by Contractor.
VENDER: Means any person or persons, firm, partnership, corporation or combination thereof, employed by one or other or both of the members of the YOUR COMPANY NAME for the supply of materials and/or equipment and goods or services related to the H.O & PROJECTS.
WORKS: Means all plants to provided and works to be done by the contractor under the contract.
EMERGENCY CONTROL ROOM: Means appointed by CONTRACTOR’s in charge of the management of Emergency Response System.
EMERGENCY CORDINATOR: Means appointed by Emergency Manager who, in case of an emergency, shall be in command of the execution of the adequate emergency response procedures.
EMERGENCY: Means serious incident (loss of body, loss of property, and loss of environment) required immediate action.
INCIDENT: Means any unwanted event or condition that result or could have result in harm to people, damage to the environment or damage or loss of assets.
HSE: Health, safety and Environment
EM: Emergency Control Room
EC: Emergency Coordinator
ERP: Emergency Response Plan
Reference shall be made to following documents:
• Ministry of Labour.
• Government of Ministry of Health Regulations.
• Applicable HSE Codes and standards and legislations.
• HSE guideline of YOUR CLIENT NAME
4.1 CODES AND STANDARDS
For the applicable codes and standards for YOUR PROJECT NAME reference is made to HSE guideline of (YOUR CLINET NAME)
4.2 PROJECT SPECIFICATIONS AND PROCEDURES
HSE guideline of (YOUR CLIENT NAME)
HSE Policy (YOUR CLIENT AND COMPANY NAME)
Project HSE Plan of (YOUR CLIENT AND COMPANY NAME)
Corporate HSE Plan of YOUR COMPANY NAME
4.3 OTHER REFERENCE
5.0 EMERGENCY RESPONSE CHART
For effective implementation of this procedure responsibilities shall be followed by YOUR COMPANY NAME personnel as listed below:
PROVIDE RESPONSIBLE PERSON NAME AND CONTACT NUMBER
6.1 EMERGENCY COORDINATOR
In the event of an emergency, Emergency Coordinator (EC) shall be nominated by the Emergency Control room. Personnel appointed as EC shall be adequately trained on emergency response system and largely familiar with contractor’s site locations, works upon arrival on the emergency location, the EC shall formally take control and conduct the emergency response teams as required by the situation.
The EC shall:
• Ensure the emergency location is evacuated.
• Manage and co-ordinate the activities of the emergency response teams and ensure that the emergency response effort observes the following priorities:
Preserve life of people,
Protect the environment,
Preserve damage to the reputation of owner and contractor
• The EC shall ensure that the EM is fully aware of the ongoing situation, paying special regard to potential for escalation.
• Ensure that adequate fire fighting and rescue techniques are utilized when executing emergency activities.
• Be responsible for the overall safety of personnel at the emergency location.
• Identify requirements for additional manpower and resources and request these from the Emergency Control room.
• Ensure the emergency locations are safe before advising the EM to sound the “All Clear” signal. The EC shall ensure that the emergency location shall be properly cordoned off and adequately protected to allow investigation.
6.2 FIRE FIGHTING TEAM
The members of this team, nominated by the EM shall be competent enough, specially trained and adequately equipped to deal with emergencies due to the outbreak of fire.
Upon hearing the (fire) they shall immediately (but safely) stop their activities at that moment, obtain their personal fire fighting equipment, proceed to the determined assembly point and wait for instructions from the Fire Fighters/First aider/their team leader, who will be the focal point to liaise with the Emergency Coordinator. Upon his arrival together they will proceed to the emergency location and once they assess the situation at the scene and decide the fire fighting technique to be used.
6.3 MEDICAL EMERGENCY TEAM
This team consist of the medical officer or first aider at the site along the spread and several competent first aiders. The first aider will be the focal point to liaise with the emergency coordinator.
Upon hearing the (fire) they shall immediately and safely stop their activities at that moment, obtain their personal first aid equipment, proceed to the emergency location and render the required medical help to the victims/injured.
6.4 SAFETY OFFICER/SAFETY INCHARGE
Endorsed by the emergency control room, Safety officer shall ensure that provisions for adequate emergency response are in place, which will include but is not limited to:
• Establishing assembly points.
• Identity the emergency response teams and training them.
• Set up drills and exercises.
• Keep arrange to procure fire fighting and medical equipment evaluate and decide whether additional resources may to required to deal with possible, future incidents are in place.
6.5 TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF SECURITY GUARDS
In case of Fire, declare the emergency by shout the Fire.
Whenever the emergency will happen call, the emergency control room and the emergency coordinator through the emergency contact telephone numbers.
The following emergency contact numbers are displayed:
• Call the Fire Fighting Team Leader :
• Call the Emergency coordinator :
• Call the Emergency Control room :
In case of visible smoke or Fire:
• Call the Fire Brigade (FIRE) : 101
• Call Ambulance : 102
It is the Emergency Control room’s responsibility to provide the resources and ensure that all members of all the emergency response teams are trained adequately to carry out their duties within the framework of the emergency response plan.
Fire Fighting Teams will be formed and trained by YOUR COMPANY NAME/3rd Party training sessions for as fire fighters.
In addition, during the HSE induction, the possible hazards involved in the various activities and control & recovery measures are briefed to the work teams by the HSE team.
The Personnel holding responsible position are provided with mobile telephone. Such information is updated by the Admin/H.R Department and issued for information of all concerned.
A list of emergency Contact numbers is attached to this ERP for information of all concerned. This will be updated as and when required.
8.1 FIRE FIGHTING
In the site for suitable type of fire extinguishers shall be positioned at applicable areas including vehicles. To meet any emergency at work spot during any hot work, provision of enough number of fire extinguishers is ensured. Also First Aid boxes are kept at fixed locations to provide first aid in case of any injury.
The emergencies, for which preparedness must be arranged, within the emergency response system may be categorized as follow:
• Work injury of personnel
• Medical emergencies
• Road traffic accidents
• Lifting equipment failure
• Collapse of scaffolding, FRP structure
• Chemical/Fuels/Oil spills
• Fire and explosion
• Security breach
• Natural disaster
General Emergency duties
Any person noticing an emergency shall:
• Shouting Fire Fire / Raise Alarm / Announce about Fire or any incident.
• Immediately inform the in-charge of the activity without any time delay.
• If First Aid is required, alert the First Aider and ensure the casualty is taken care of. Do not disturb the casualty if signs and symptoms are not clearly understood.
• The First Aider can be recognized.
• In case of any chemical or oil spill, try to contain the spill to minimum area with available resources present (MSDS) of the chemical to be referred before approaching the scene).
• Be present in the scene till appropriate personnel take charge or the situation is controlled.
Action by any observer in the event of Fire/Incident (any person noticing the fire/Incident)
• Shout Fire/Aag, Fire/Aag, Fire/Aag / Accident-Accident, or Raise Alarm.
• If trained in the use of fire extinguishers, and if safe to do so, attack the fire with correct type of fire extinguisher.
• Proceed to the nearest Safe Assembly point.
Action by all at Site (YOUR SITE NAME) occupants on hearing fire alarm:
• Evacuate the premises/cabin immediately,
• Leave the premises/cabin via the nearest fire exit route,
• Note the direction of smoke and move,
• Proceed to Safe Assembly point,
• Do not run (only fast walk),
• Assemble in orderly manner and wait for instructions.
9.1 ASSEMBLY POINT
• Assembly points are located in areas with enough space for large crowds to gather in areas that are out of harm’s way.
• Locate, Ensure and Mark such safe area near all work places for emergency situations.
• Display boards regarding the Assembly Point which will help peoples to identify the safe areas for gathering at the time of Emergencies.
10.0 ALARM SIGNALS (PLEASE CHANGE AS PER YOUR COMPANY ALARM SYSTEM)
i. Emergency – no general alarm
ii. All Clear (Continuously 2 minute)
EMERGENCY CALL OF:
Once the emergency situation is brought under control, the following actions will be carried out by the Emergency Coordinator
• Inform to Emergency Control room to confirm that the incident is physically controlled, and no chance of recurrence exists.
• Advice to sound “All Clear” signal.
• When the Emergency Control room, based upon his information in complete oversight, decides that “All Clear” may be announced this message will be communicated by speech.
• Cordon-off and protect the emergency location so that proper investigation can be carried out.
I am a Safety Officer in a mining industry, this has enlightened me in constructing an emergency response plan in the mining work areas. I am kindly requesting if you could email me on How to make Mining Emergency Response Plan.
kindly pls I need Emergency response Plan for fire and construction site according to Shell company Standards in Majnoon Oil Field . Gratitude .
Thanks for this helpful tip in creating an emergency plan in a construction site such as planning for an assembly point workers can gather to seek refuge and be safe. If I have my own construction company, I would understand how investing in the right place such as safety is really one of the top priorities. That’s why services in the utility oversight sector and other third-party companies should always be considered.
An Occupational Health Physician providing support to workplace in Africa with a very limited resources
[…] must have an on-hand emergency plan in case of an adverse environmental condition. The project must guide workers with instructions […]
Good source for knowledge purpose.
good day sir… please help about how to make a confined space and work at height emergency plan procedure? thank you and god bless you…
I am very thankful to you because i was searching this particular topic. Really you have provided detailed emergency response plan
May i get your email id ?
I will ask doubts if any
My dear sir Ranjan I want copy PDF and words format can you send my by email Emergency response plan fire and construction building line
Today I am very excited to got your email HOW TO MAKE EMERGENCY RESPONSE PLAN , I request to you sir please be email HOW TO MAKE TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT PLAN