Compressed Gas Cylinders:
- The inert gas can rapidly replace oxygen in confined spaces, causing loss of consciousness or death to anyone in those areas.
- Flammable gas can ignite and burn rapidly.
- A compressed gas cylinder can become a missile if the valve is damaged.
- Compressed gas can cause a pipe or vessel to explode.
- When directed at a person, compressed gas or oxygen can embed particles in eye and skin.
- Never take compressed gas cylinders into vessels or confined space.
- Always remove torches and hoses from confined space when not in use.
- Continuously and adequately ventilate confined space where inert welding gases are used.
- Make dry chemical fire extinguishers readily available for fire emergencies.
- No Smoking Rules must be enforced near places where compressed flammable gas is used and stored.
- Protect cylinders and hoses from sparks and slag.
- Never permit oil, grease or other lubricants to contact gas cylinders, valves, regulators, hoses or fittings.
- Keep valve protection caps on cylinders valve at all times except when cylinders are connected to regulators.
- Never move uncapped cylinders.
- Move and secure cylinders in an upright position.
- Never use compressed gas or oxygen for cleaning anything, including skin or cloth.
- Store flammable and non-flammable Cylinders separately. They should be placed at least 20 feet apart or have a 5-foot barrier with a 1-hour fire rating.
GAS CUTTING SAFETY, WELDING SAFETY
Good afternoon sir
I am requesting to share colour code for cylinder and Hose pipe for gas cutting set and gas welding set.
1.Water co2 type extinguisher inside fitted co2 cartridge that much pressures filled it. 60,80,120,180 grams.
2.co2 6.5 kg capacity inside co2 pressures how much filling.
1. Water CO2 type extinguisher (Cartridge) pressure?
As per IS:4947
Cartridge Type – 30, 60, 90, 120, 200, 300 Grams.
Cartridge Test pressure – 250 Bar (254.9291 kgf/cm2)
Cartridge Working pressure – 174 Bar (177.4306 kgf/cm2)
2. CO2 6.5 kg CO2 pressure?
thank you given by valuable information
ONE DOUBT IS THERE, DURING THE CUTTING TIME HOW MUCH PRESSURE MAINTAINED IN DA& OXYZEN CYLINDER PRESSURE AND OUT PUT PRESSURE
PLEASE EXPLAIN ME
1. A standard oxygen cylinder pressure between 154.6753 kg/cm2(2200 PSI) to 77.33765 kg/cm2 (1100 PSI)
2. Acetylene cylinder pressure between 17.5767 Kg/cm2(250 PSI) to 13.3583 kg/cm2 (190 PSI)
Oxygen working pressure 20 PSI (1.40614 kg/cm2) to 25 PSI(1.75767kg/cm2)
Acetylene working pressure 10PSI (0.70307 kg/cm2) (Do not exceed 15 psi)