This standard provides guidelines for the protection of personnel engaged in the shot, and or other abrasive blasting operations that involve air contaminated with high concentrations of rapidly moving abrasive particles.
The following protective equipment should be used or worn while engaging in abrasive blasting operations:
- An airline respirator of the continuous‐flow type in a protective hood to cover the head, neck, shoulders, and chest.
- An air purifier and filter for removal of oil, water, and any other organic‐matter contaminant that might be discharged from the compressor.
- A pressure regulator with an attached gauge if the pressure in the compressor exceeds 25 psi.
- A pressure‐relief valve if the pressure regulator should fail.
- Hood viewports should be made of impact‐resistant safety glass or plastic covered by a metal screen.
- An alarm system which will automatically signal both audio and visual alarms should the carbon monoxide (CO) level
become dangerous or if the compressor overheats.
- Adequate hearing‐protection.
INSPECTION AND CARE OF PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Interior masks must be cleaned daily.
- All valves and regulators must be checked before each use.
- The air‐supply hood will be cleaned and stored as required for other respirators.
- Hose lengths will be joined by metal couplings secured to the outside of the hose to avoid erosion and weakening of the
- Nozzles will be attached to the fittings that will prevent the nozzle from becoming disengaged. “Deadman” controls will be provided at the nozzle end of the hose.
- Safety chain or cable will be provided on each hose connection to prevent the line from whipping or thrashing around in case the coupling becomes disconnected.
- Hoses must be capped or protected when not in use.
- The compressor should have a receiver with 30 minutes of air supply.
- Sandblasting areas will be barricaded with “SANDBLASTING AREA ‐ KEEP OUT” signs.
Good information for rls human care
Thank You sir
i want all activity tools box meeting topic please sand me
Dear you may learn from our site and we are try to send more an more as per your requirements.