- Fire:- Ignition of combustible material.
- Explosion:- Explosion may occur inside the tank.
- Noise:- Level more than 90dB(A).
- I. R. / U.R. Radiation:- Skin burn, Red Eye & Metal fume fever.
- Welding and cutting operations should not be permitted in or near hazardous locations.
- Electric shock protection by using proper PPEs.
- Use of work permit system in Hazardous locations.
- Ventilation, safety belt while working at height.
- Use of necessary PPEs like full-body apron, leg apron (leather)
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Only trained and qualified people allow for welding and cutting activities.
- Proper supervision.
- Toolbox and STA briefing conducted before starting the job.
- The fire extinguisher must be available.
- Fire and emergency control contact no displayed at the site.
- The walkway and emergency exit route must be clear ( without any obstruction).
- Do not tamper with safety device of cylinder.
- Don’t use cylinders as rollers, support or any purpose other than contains gas.
Sling, chain or rope should not be used for handling cylinders
- The cylinder should stored in dry, well-ventilated place and away form source of ignition / heat /electrical fitting.
- Oxygen cylinders are to be stored 20 feet away from flammable materials.
- Cylinders should be separated by a fire restive partition of at least 5 feet height.
Using cylinders safety:-
- Using cylinders in upright position and secure them falling & collision.
- Cylinder should be at least 12feet away from the job.
- Never use oil or grease as a lubricants on valves attachment of oxygen cylinder.
- Leaking gas cylinders should be taken out of use immediately.
- Don’t permit sparks , molten metal , electric current, excessive heat or flame to come in contact with cylinder or attachment.
- Gas cylinder valve must be closed, when work is completed.