Hazards in Cupola operation
|Hazard due to flying particles while breaking scrap, coke etc.||1. Provide face shield & safety goggles.
2. Where ever possible isolate these activities
|Explosion hazard due to moisture in the scrap & scrap in the form of cans, drums etc.||1. Ensure that the scrap is free from moisture before charging.
2. Maintain the roof above the scarp yard in good condition.
3. Inspect the scrap for cans drums etc. & segregate the same.
|Feet injury due to scarp falling dawn during charging operation.||1. Ensure that the bin is not over flowing with the scrap.
2. Provide safety shoes.
|Flying particle hazard during preparation of cupola.||1. Provide face shield & safety goggles.|
|Material handling.||1. Inspect all the material handling equipment periodically.
2. Train the employees in safe method of material handling.
Hazards in sand Plant
|Manual material handling hazards.||1. Train the employees in safe method of manual material handling.
2. Provide dust masks.
3. Pre employment medical examination.
4. Periodical medical examination.
|Finger injury due to blades of the sand mixer.||1. Provide inter lock switch to the lid of the sand mixer.
2. Provide appropriate brush for cleaning the blades.
|Hazard due to nip points of the belt conveyor.||1. Provide adequate guards. Where ever possible provided inter lock switch.|
|Skin allergy due to resin, oil etc. (for some people)||1. Provide appropriate hand protection.|
|Injury due to damage platform, railing etc.||1. Maintain all the equipment in good condition.
2. Maintain good housekeeping.
3. Proper supervision.