EMERGENCY IN CASE OF H2S LEAK
Properties of H2S (hydrogen sulfide):
- Highly Toxic.
- Bad smells that are similar to that of rotten eggs.
- Heavier than air.
- Form an explosive mixture with air.
- 1 ppm – Can be smelled.
- 10 ppm – Alarm of the gasman sounds meaning: escape.
- 100 ppm- Kills sense of smell in few minutes, burning eyes & throat.
- 1000 ppm – Unconscious at once and death if not rescued promptly.
Actions to be taken in case of emergency
As soon as you hear the emergency alarm:
- Stop the work immediately.
- Shut down the machines.
- Put on your escape mask
- Check the wind socks for wind direction GO ACROSS wind direction straight to the assembly point.
- Report to the emergency coordinator for the headcount.
Do not try to help an employee who has collapsed in a possible H2S area. Most people who attempt a rescue without the proper breathing devices make of themselves ‘other statistics’.
Wait for the “all clear” instruction to go back for the job! Think safety – ZERO INCIDENTS -throughout each and every task!
CLICK HERE FOR 👉 Compressed Gas Cylinders Toolbox Safety Topics
CLICK HERE FOR 👉 PORTABLE LADDER SAFETY TOOLBOX TALK
CLICK HERE FOR 👉 MAN LIFT SAFETY TOOLBOX TALK
Send me JSA $ HIRA
What is H2S
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) It is a very poisonous, corrosive, and flammable GAS.
Colorless orderlies and tasteless gas wit somewhat rotten egg smell.