43 people died in Delhi fire, a five-storeyed factory in Grain Mandi on Rani Jhansi Road in Delhi at around 5.30 am on Sunday. This painful incident has shaken the entire nation.
Major Negligence in Delhi fire
On the other hand, Delhi Fire Service (DFS) Chief Fire Service Officer Atul Garg said that the building was not given clearance from the Delhi Fire Service. He further said that the necessary security equipment was also not installed inside this building.
CLICK HERE FOR SURAT FIRE CASE STUDY
The negligence of the administration came to light
Massive negligence of the administration also came to light after the incident. There was no help desk set up in the hospital so that people could get information. Most of the victims were from another state but did not release any number for information. The police, who spoke to the family on behalf of the hospital, was nobody to tell. Hospital security personnel and bouncers and paramilitary forces were not allowing the family inside. Where have the injured been taken? There was no one to tell them how to identify their family.
Up-date Delhi fire
05. 44 PM: Union Minister Ashwini Choubey reached LNJP Hospital to meet the injured in the fire.
05. 34 PM: In the fire case, the factory owner Rehan has been taken into custody by the Delhi Police and he is being questioned.
05. 17 PM: The team of the Crime Branch has reached the spot to investigate the matter. At the same time, on the instructions of Lok Janshakti Party President Chirag Paswan, LJP MP Prince Raj and MLA Raju Tiwari have left for the hospital and the scene of the injured along with the officials of Delhi State.
04. 47 PM: According to Delhi Police sources, the owners of the factory ie the owner has three brothers. Two of them are absconding, while one is in police custody. Police is interrogating him.
04. 34 PM: There will be no post mortem today. The dead bodies will be identified first. So far 29 bodies have been identified.
02. 27 PM: MP from Chandni Chowk, Dr. Harsh Vardhan expressed grief, said – I am in touch with local authorities. Returning to Delhi from Jhansi.
02. 17 PM: Delhi Fire Service chief Atul Garg has said that the fire department did not issue NOC to the building in Rani Jhansi Road, which caught fire.
01. 57 PM: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar announced a grant of Rs 2 lakh each to the kin of the deceased.
01. 24 PM: The forensic team reached the spot for investigation.
12.54 PM: Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced compensation of 2 to 2 families of the deceased and Rs. 50 thousand each to the injured.
12.14 PM: Delhi BJP president Manoj Tiwari demanded a high-level inquiry.
11.44 AM: Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal reached LNJP Hospital to know the condition of the injured.
11.34 AM: Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced a magisterial inquiry into the incident.
11.37 AM: Chief Minister Kejriwal announced a compensation of 10 lakh each to the dead, free treatment to the injured with 1 lakh each.
11.17 AM: Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal reached the spot.
11.07 AM: Union ministers Hardeep Singh Puri, Anurag Thakur, and Delhi BJP President Manoj Tiwari arrived on the occasion.
10.47 AM: Announcing a probe into the incident, Minister Imran Hussain in the Kejriwal government has said that strict action will be taken against those who are found guilty.
10.44 AM: BJP leader Vijay Goel, who reached the spot, said – Politics is not right on this incident.
10.14 AM: The death toll reached 43. 34 died in LNJP Hospital, while nine breathed their last at Lady Herding Hospital.
Most unwanted & pathetic. This type of disastrous event will go on occurring in India due to the fact worker or human life is not so costly as India is a vastly populated country. The incident must hv its link with poor or absence of Ergonomics in the work place. The situation in many parts of our country is miserable if consider the field of Man-Machine-Environment interaction. But , mny thnx to Ur honor, as U r serious & crazy as well as competent to prevent such kind of worst misincidents. Hats off to Ur effort.